TAN has been making dance accessible to all, across the counties of Swansea and Neath Port Talbot for 30 years. In 2011/12 we completed 2,900 activities and performances with more than 20,000 participations to an audience of over 40,000 people. During these challenging times it is even more important that we continue to provide classes, workshops, collaborations and performance projects to adults, young people, children, elderly, disabled, disadvantaged and marginalized groups.
TAN FRIENDS are valuable to our development, they support our work and in return, enjoy:
• Dress rehearsal tickets
• Priority booking
• Friends Newsletters
• Concessionary ticket prices
• Offers from other arts organisations
The cost is £30 per year or £50 when joining as a pair (concessions available) payable by cheque or Direct Debit.
Please download and print the application form and return to the TAN office.
We hope you’ll join our family of TAN FRIENDS.
Adults, youth & children – for details contact:
Linedance, zumba, salsa, yoga, pilates and ballroom
For more info contact email@example.com or call our office.
The Olion Project – August 2012
In partnership with Swansea Metropolitan University ‘Reaching the Heights’ – a European funded initiative. TAN delivered 3 projects – TROY BOYZ, LOVE SONGS & DISCOVER, to engage NEETS, Learning Disabled and Young Carers. The projects were a huge success, working with over 100 young people, achieving TAN’s aims to encourage commitment and reward, nurture self belief and enable personal development.
Intergenerational Project: Time and Tide – July 2012
In Partnership with Swansea Metropolitan University, Neath College, Reaching Wider and Barnardos. A week long Community Performance Project for the young and not so young working with multigenerational participants from a variety of backgrounds.
Working in pairs with at a least a 10 year age gap between partners, participants were led through a creative process of new intergenerational dance work where they were challenged to explore the art of movement and discover new things about themselves and their partner. The workshops led to 2 performances on stage at Swansea Metropolitan University and Neath College.
- Fast Forward (Transition) & Families Forward (Underachieving Children)
- PESS, 5×60, InSet, PGCE and workshops
- After school clubs, projects, school concerts and special events
- Taster Days – Half Term/Easter/Summer Schools
- Short or Long Special Projects designed to meet your needs and outcomes.
- Boys only classes/workshops/projects for schools/youth & community groups
- Performances & residencies from male dance companies Meibion and Dynion Pro
- Fun sessions/fitness programmes for all ages and abilities
- Arabic & Flamenco performances at events and festivals
- Work in Care Homes & Day Services
- Exercise for Muslim women
- Activities for Asylum Seekers & Refugees
- Projects to integrate incomers with local people
- Workshops in Ethnic Dance
- Workshops for any level of disability/Integrated workshops
- Workshops & Performances from Take This Diverse Capacity Dance Co